A Brief Outline Projector Plan for Provision of Defibrillators (including the provision of an external Cabinet)
1. Recognition of the need for an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and approval processes etc – by your Club Cttee and also by Central England Coop as the Landlord
2. Provision of background information, as appropriate, to increase knowledge and familiarisation about Defibrillators for the various Clubs, Groups etc on site.
3. Costs and funding sources
4. Purchase / acquisition of appropriate kit. (AED, Cabinet etc) This will include the type of Defib (which the presence of the Day Nursery on site and other junior sports persons (8 years and under) may well influence.
5. Installation, including identification of most appropriate location and purchase of Cabinet etc
6. Registration of installation with East Midland Ambulance Service
7. Training of Club / site / community members and others in CPR and AED Appreciation
8. Identification of a small group of 'AED Guardians' to provide regular (very simple) checks to ensure the AED remains operational.
Although the above list may appear somewhat daunting, in practice it is quite straight forward.
Realistically, from first discussions to successful implementation can take between 2 – 3 months, or longer if attracting the necessary funds is an issue.