My name is Jody Smith and I am a talented Harborough athlete. I am eighteen years old and compete in athletics as a 100m and 200m sprinter and I am also a chronic asthmatic. I started running as a way of improving my asthma and found that I had a talent in the sprints, I became hooked and quite quickly started to compete at a low level and worked my way up to an international standard.
My achievements are:
* U17 60m Midland Indoor champion receiving a gold medal in Birminghams NIA.
* U17 Silver medalist in the Midland Indoor championships for the 200m at Birmingham NIA.
* 2xU17/U20 County Champion for the 200m.
* 2xU17/U20 Midlands Champion in both 100m and 200m receiving Gold at Nuneaton International Stadium.
* Featured in Athletics weekly and local news articles.
* Selected and attended English Schools for 200m for the last two years.
* Selected and attended the Youth Development League which were promoted.
* Selected to take part in the connect relays at
the Muller Games.
Indoor 60m England National Finalist
Selected and represented England in the 4x100 relay at the Welsh International winning Gold.
* Selected to compete at the televised Great North City Games alongside Great Britain's biggest athletes.
I am currently a student studying A Levels at Beauchamp college in Oadby and training five times a week and competing most weekends I am unable to commit to work to help with the costs, this is why I am asking for financial support to help with the mounting cost of coaching, fitness, equipment, traveling and entering competitions.
Simon Taylor, Inspire Lead, said: ' Jody's dedication to his sport is a fantastic example to all young people and we are sure he will continue to do well.'
Midlands, nationals and more!
Posted: 28th Jun, 2019
Midland champs was a success! I came away with a gold in the 200m and a pb in the 100m! So a successful weekend! Last weekend was nationals and I just missed out on the finals by 0.06 however a huge Pb... Read More »